- Q: Can the unit be hung on the wall?
A: It sure can. The same unit could be placed on the counter or on the wall. It has a removable stand to place it on the counter. For placement on the wall, you can either leave the stand attached to the unit or remove it and use just the body. The bottom of the stand catches flakes of soap that miss your hands, so you might want to leave it on even for wall installation.
- Q: Do I have to drill the wall to hang the unit?
A: Personally, I love drilling, but I hate holes. So, we give you options: You can use either screws or strong double-sided adhesive to hold Eco Soapr on the wall. When you need to charge Eco Soapr, the mounting bracket will stay on the wall while you remove the device and charge it.
- Q: What is the size of the bars of soap that fit inside Eco Soapr?
A: Great question. We opted to keep the device as small as possible to save counter and wall space. Because of that, the maximum size of the bar of soap that will fit our device is about 1.5 by 2.5 by 3.5 inches. However, if your bar is bigger, don’t despair! It is easy to just cut it in half with a knife and drop the pieces inside the device. It will work just fine. In the future, we will supply a cutting mold to cut extra-large bars of soap.
- Q: How will Eco Soapr grate soft soaps?
A: Most soap bars are perfectly suitable to be grated in Eco Soapr. No need to worry about high volume commercial brands. The device will not be clogged and will generate perfect flakes. However, some of the very soft bars produced by small batch artisan soap makers from olive and coconut oils might be too soft to work well in our device. We will keep a list of soaps that do not perform well on our website and urge our customers to share their experiences for the benefit of others.
- Q: What about humidity? I live in Florida. Will Eco Soapr work there?
A: We’ve tested Eco Soapr in a steamy, hot bathrooms and it worked well. So, no worries, even if you are in Florida you can enjoy our perfect flakes of soap.
- Q: I did not see anyone using a washcloth in your video. Why is that? Will Eco Soapr work with a washcloth?
A: Over the last two months we have become aware of the strong feelings that many people have about using a washcloth (rugs, loofas) while showering. We want to assure everyone concerned that using them with our soap flakes is as easy as using them with a soap bar.
- Q: Will Eco Soapr spy on me in the bathroom?
A: Ok, Ok, it was not “frequently asked”, but someone was concerned about it, and we feel that this person deserves an answer. Eco Soapr will not spy on anybody. It does not have any Internet connectivity or software in it. It’s just a well-designed mechanical device. So, contain your excitement and get back to washing your hands.
- Q: How long does it take to generate enough soap flakes for one hand wash? I do not have all day to wait for it.
A: It takes about 4 seconds for Eco Soapr to grate enough soap for an average hand wash. It might take longer if you are Shaquille O’Neal. But if you are, we will give you a second Eco Soapr for free just to speed up the process.
- Q: What kind of battery does the device use?
A: We are using a built-in, non-removable, long-lasting, rechargeable battery. The exact manufacturer and type have not been decided yet since we do not really know the quantity we will buy. You can recycle the batteries at any Staples or Best Buy.
- Q: How long will the device last on a single battery charge?
A: Assuming each member of a family of four washes their hands three times a day using Eco Soaps, it should last about 6 weeks. Unless of course, you are Shaquille O’Neal. Once you charge it overnight, it will be ready to go for another six weeks.
- Q: Can I turn the device on and off, so it does not use the battery and does not trigger soap grating automatically when I do not want it?
A: Yes, Eco Soapr has an On/Off switch. It is useful when you are going on vacation or moving the device from place to place.
- Q: I am not comfortable with using batteries in an environmentally friendly device. Will you produce a plug-in unit that does not have a battery?
A: Yes, we will, but probably not in this first batch. We want to walk before we run.
- Q: Will you be manufacturing devices using a different material than plastic?
A: Yes, we plan to introduce an aluminum body, but again, we want to make sure that the demand is there, and we can produce a device of outstanding quality and striking design.
- Q: How hard is it to put in a new bar of soap?
A: It is very simple: Just grab the top part of the housing with your index finger and thumb, push it down to release the locking mechanism and lift it up. It will expose the place to put your new soap bar. Drop the soap down the soap enclosure, replace the top of the housing and push it down to lock.
- Q: Will you be producing Eco Soapr in different colors?
A: For the initial production run, we’ll probably stick to a neutral nickel color. But once we have things running on a larger scale, we can do all sorts of fun things. Feel free to send us your ides about what would look good in your bathroom or kitchen!